Are you aware of how vitally important and valuable CONTENT is to your online business? In fact, content can do more to build your business and profits than just about any other resource or service available.
Following is a list of 5 key ways that content can help build your traffic, subscribers, and customers starting today!...
1. Boost your search engine ranking and daily visitor count by posting keyword rich articles and content on your web-site. For example, if your business involves offering products and services related to fitness, posting fitness related articles and content will attract unlimited prospective customers on a regular basis!
2. Generate double or even triple the number of newsletter subscribers you do currently, simply by offering content in the form of "special reports" or manuals as bonuses for subscribing to your publication. People love freebies, so give them what they want and watch as your results increase!
3. Create an automated cashflow by using content to formulate multi-part email training courses with related web-site or affiliate links "sprinkled" throughout each course. Use an autoresponder service to automate the delivery of your training course (such as a 5 part training course delivered over a 5 day period).
Training courses can also serve as excellent bonus offers for your prospective newsletter subscribers.
4. One of the most important keys to a successful online business is not JUST having a mailing list or newsletter subscribers... It's about building a trusting relationship with your subscribers (ie, "cultivating" your list)...
By sending informative articles (content) to your list on a regular basis you will establish yourself as an expert on your topic of business, as well as gain the trust of your subscribers over time. As a result, your subscribers will be EAGER to take advantage of your "paid" product and service offers. (Just make sure that you NEVER take advantage of the relationship you develop with your list by offering products or services of poor quality just to make a quick buck!)
If there is one "constant" in Internet marketing, it's this: A cultivated list of subscribers is as good as money in the bank. Write that down and never forget it!
5. Another excellent way to generate no cost traffic is by submitting ready-made articles to "content hungry" web-site and newsletter publishers with your "resource box" attached. A resource box is nothing more than a little 3-6 line "bio" about you and/or your web-site - including a link to your site (or even instructions on how to subscribe to your newsletter)...
When submitting or offering your article(s) for reprint purposes, just make sure to specify that each article is to be reprinted "as is" with your resource box attached.
...Even one article can go a LONG way towards generating no cost traffic and visitors for you. Just imagine your article being sent out to a newsletter subscriber base of 100,000 individuals - many of whom will be reading YOUR included resource box and clicking on your URL to learn more about what you have to offer!
Well there you have it, 5 sure ways to build your online business exponentially with the help of articles and content...
With the declining effectiveness of many of the online advertising methods that we've relied on in past years, content is only strengthening its position as the ultimate KEY to generating unlimited traffic, subscribers, and customers!
We look at a lot of sites on a daily basis. There are a lot of common problems I see on sites. Some people may have tags set-up improperly or use tags that have no real purpose.
We have compiled a list of the 5 top do-it-yourself SEO errors. It's safe to say that many do-it-yourselfers may have at least one of these errors on their sites. These should help you omit these often costly mistakes and pull you up in the ranks.
- Keyword tag – A keyword tag is for keywords, but not for any keywords. You can't just stuff this tag with keywords that your entire site is related to. The tags should reflect keywords only on that particular page; not the entire site and not every keyword you think your site might be searched on. Also, you should have no more then 20 words in the tag. You should not repeat any word more than 3 times. If you sell tickets, for example, don't write: Broadway tickets, circus tickets, hockey tickets, boxing tickets and so on. Do use Broadway, circus, hockey, boxing, tickets and so on.
- Abstract tag – It is sometimes used as a replacement for or combined with a description tag. However, more and more people are using these to stuff keywords. Search engines like Google are interested in what is on the page. More specifically, what visitors can view. In my opinion, the abstract tag has no place on a site.
- Description Tag – The whole point behind this tag is to describe what the "page" is about. Keywords related to the page should be implemented as well. The limit on words should be 20 – 25 and not exceed 250 characters including space. I see many website owners stuffing this tag with keywords, or having a description that is entirely too lengthy. Stay within these guidelines and you will be fine.
- Title tag – This, to me, is the most important tag. This is the first tag the search engine reads. It tells the search engine what the" page" is about. Don't put your web address here. Do not add your company name in the beginning of this tag either. It should not exceed 60 characters.
- Content- If you notice, I have been commenting on relevancy to the "page", not your overall site. Each page has it's own keywords. Tag the title tag, description and keyword tags. All of these keywords should be the same. Add them to your content as well. Now your page should be fairly well optimized.
Why do sites fall short? Simple, content is not optimized. Search engines are, for the most part, pretty basic. You type in a search term and it retrieves sites containing those terms while also taking a few other factors into account. So, if your site doesn't have these terms, how will you be found? You won't. Over do it with keywords and you will experience the same result, but for different reasons. Sometimes reading everything about SEO can be bad.
Trying too many tricks, tips or methods is like too many cooks spoiling the soup. In the end they can do more bad than good. These are very basic rules that should be followed by all. In, doubt? Always consult or hire an SEO professional.
Black Hat SEO- These are aggressive tactics used to gain high search
engines rankings that do not comply with the philosophy of the search
engines. Sites produced with black hat SEO techniques are considered
unethical spam by most web surfers because they provide no real content or
user experience. They basically look like pages of another search engine
or paragraphs of jargon containing keywords instead of real content.
The black hats, on the other hand, simply thinks of "How do I get links to
the site?" They pay no consideration to whether the links provide value to
the visitors and readers. The eventual strategy that emerges usually turns
out to be schemes like link farms and reciprocal link schemes.
Black Hat SEO are all about getting fast results. The method they use to
optimize their websites will often get the website to the top of the
search engines very rapidly, but when the search engines catch-on, the
website will very often crash or get banned.
For a while now, there is a battle going on within the Internet among
marketers that use SEO. Black Hat SEO is to use optimizing practices to
fool the search engines and the use of other traffic generating techniques
that are questionable or unethical.
White Hat Optimization- If you're thinking of using an SEO consultancy to
help your website get listed well on search engines then ask them a few
questions about bad techniques that you've heard of. This will probably be
enough for the unethical website optimization company to take the bait
whereas a good, ethical SEO consultancy will try to talk you out of it and
steer you in the right direction.
White Hat SEO remains more time-consuming, but it yields better long-term
results and has a more positive impact. People prefer to use web sites
they haven't been deceived into visiting, and search engines don't like to
list sites which have manipulated their way to a high ranking. Sites using
white hatted techniques usually don't have to worry about being removed
from search engine results.
The use of key-phrases can also be considered white or black hat as white
hat SEO'rs will use key-phrases in the natural context of a body of text, if
you write your web copy for your visitors and not the search engines you
will achieve better results.
White Hat SEO evolves writing good quality content. Don't try to use
spammy tricks. Deliver great content to your visitors and the search
engines. Don't hide text, or stuff Meta tags with keywords that shouldn't
be there. Make sure your title tag and other Meta tags reflect your page.