Web Crawl is one of tools inside Google Webmaster Tools that provides you with detailed reports about your pages' visibility on Google. This suite of webmaster tools provides you with a free and easy way to make your site more Google-friendly. It Identifies all the backlinks to your site which are pointing towards a Non-existent Page i.e. those backlinks which are broken
Consequences of linking to a Non-existent Page?
Though it doesn’t hurt much in case of your site’s SEO purpose but you are losing the effective PR juice which you deserve for your site. As Google will not rank a non-existant Page, the backlik becomes useless.
Also you will lose the important traffic which will come to your site following the backlink.
Steps to Using Web Crawl On Your Site:
- Goto Google webmaster tools.
- Add your site if you still haven’t done it.
- Click on your site. You will be taken to your site Overview.
- On the left side there is an option for diagnostics. Click on it.
- Under that web Crawl Feature is present.